Images tagged "2250"
4. Anon. Possibly by an Italian Hand. Circa 1860.
Head of a Woman.
Oil on card.
5x5 inches (circular). Framed: 11.5x9.5 inches (circular).
LEAR Edward (1812-1888) Schloss Spiez, Switzerland. Pen and ink. Probably his 1854 visit. Inscribed and dated 31 Aug. Numbered 441. 14x20 inches.
23. Mildred ELDRIDGE R.W.S. (1909-1991) ‘N.Wales’. Signed, indistinctly inscribed and dated, 1942’. 16.5x21 inches.
21. CHAMBERS Alice May (Exh: R.A. 1881-1893) Portrait of a Young Woman. Red chalk. Signed with monogram. Provenance: with Abbott and Holder circa 1964. In the early 1880s AMC lived at 17 Red Lion Square, a house previously occupied by Morris, Rossetti and Burne-Jones (see Christies Cat 29.10.lot 2 for a similar drawing). 16x13.5 inches.
30. GRANT Duncan (1985-1978) Isaac and Rebecca. Ink and watercolour. Signed and dated, 1964. 13x9.5 inches. Framed: 20.5x16.25 inches.
GRANT Duncan (1985-1978) Isaac and Rebecca. Ink and watercolour. Signed and dated, 1964. 13x9.5 inches. Framed: 20.5x16.25 inches.
52. MCEVOY Ambrose A.R.A. (1878-1927) Dame Ethel Smythe (1858-1944) Pastel on grey paper. Ex. Collection: Wyndham T. Vint, Bradford. 24x17.5 inches. Framed: 32.23.5 inches.
59. NIXON Job (1891-1938)
‘Italian Harvesters travelling’.
Pencil and chalks. Inscribed verso. Circa 1924.
Ex. Collection: Wyndham T. Vint. Exhibited: Bradford City Art Gallery.
19.5x28.5 inches. Framed: 30x39 inches.
79. VELLACOTT Elisabeth (1905-2002)
‘River Edw – Early Spring 1976’.
Graphite stick. Signed. Exhibited: The New Art Centre.
15.75x18.5 inches. Framed: 22x24.5 inches.
83. YEATS John Butler (1839-1922)
‘Stephen Lucius Gwynne’ (1864-1950), the Irish author and politician.
Pencil. Signed and dated, October 1906.