Images tagged "475"
The Arrival of the Queen. Etching. Pencil signed. Inscribed ‘Ed.60 No.19’. 7x11.5 inches.
George DANCE Jnr R.A. (1741-1825) John Bannister (1760-1836), actor and Comedian. Pencil. 3.5x3 inches. Framed: 9.5x9 inches. Framed photo
George DANCE Jnr R.A. (1741-1825) ‘Is this the Dropsy?’. Pencil, pen, ink and wash. Signed ‘G Webb’ (the artist’s pseudonym), and dated ‘Aug 1791’. 8x8 inches. Framed: 13x13 inches. Framed photo
NICHOLL William (1794-1840) Ireland. Landscape near Belfast. Watercolour. Signed. 5.75x10 inches.
3. General Count Luigi Cadorna (1850-1928), Commander-In-Chief of the Italian Army. Pencil, grey wash and gouache. Inscribed verso ‘Sphere 19 June 1915 p.287’. Stamped: ‘The Sphere No.864’. Illustrated: The Sphere, London, 19th June, 1915, p.287. 11x7 inches.
Click for more information
4. Gordon SCOTT (1914-2016) Greece; The St Elias Range, Mani, Autumn. Oil 0n canvas. 1990. Provenance: The artist’s Estate. 14x18 inches. Framed: 16x20 inches. ●
George DANCE Jnr R.A. (1741-1825) Bathing Cabin. Pencil. 7x6.5 inches. Framed: 16x15.5 inches.
6. Gordon SCOTT (1914-2016) Greece; Trialianka, Mani. Oil 0n canvas. 1996. Signed. Signed verso. Provenance: The artist’s Estate. 14x18 inches. Framed: 16x20 inches. ●
7. Rome: Steps II. Chalks on pink paper. Circa 1910. Signed. 12.5x9 inches.
‘St Olave’s, Crutches Friars’ (small plate of JR.18). Drypoint and engraving. 1914 Inscribed ‘W18/2, Masked proof, one of 2 thus taken as experiments’ Signed. 217x224 mm
Kathleen Ferrier C.B.E. (1912-1953) Photograph. 14x18 inches.
ALDRIDGE John R.A. (1905-1983) Naples. Pencil. Signed, inscribed 'Napoli' and dated 'Sept 1945'. Provenance: The artist's executor, Ian Tregarthen Jenkins. 11.5x8 inches.
‘Fascisti, Roma’. (JR.44). Drypoint. Final state. 1923. Pencil signed. Inscribed by Florence Rushbury ‘Own Collection’. Ed. of 50. 370x215mm.
George DANCE Jnr R.A. (1741-1825) ‘James Hall’. Pencil. Signed, inscribed and dated, ‘July 2nd 1791’. 8.5x7.5 inches. Framed: 14.5x13.5 inches. Framed photo
13. Gordon SCOTT (1914-2016) Greece; The St Elias Range, Mani. Oil 0n canvas. c.1990. Provenance: The artist’s Estate. 16x20 inches. Framed: 18x22 inches. ●
DANCE George Jnr. R.A. (1741-1825) Profile of James Hall. Pencil. We recently had another study of this boy which was signed, inscribed and dated, July 2nd 1791 (image available). 5x4 inches.
‘Place des Victoires, Paris’ (JR.54). Drypoint. 1927. Signed. 225x192 mm.
‘The Walls of Gerona’ (JR76). Drypoint. 1936. Inscribed and signed by Florence Rushbury ‘4th state’. Signed. 228x341 mm.
‘Debtors Prison, York’ (JR73). Drypoint. 1933. Signed. 165x284 mm.
NIXON John (1755-1818) ‘Essex. Netherhall Castle’. Ink and watercolour. Signed, inscribed and dated, 1787. 4.75x7 inches.
MATANIA Fortunino (1881-1963) ‘The Nation gives thanks for the recovery of the King’: the Dean of Westminster (William Foxley Norris) pronouncing the words ‘God Save The King’ on the steps of the Presbytery, Westminster Abbey, Sunday July 7th, 1929. Pencil, pen, brush and ink for The Sphere, 13th July 1929. Dated stamped verso. 12.5x20 inches.