ANON (Eighteenth-Century)
Grosvenor House, Walthamstow. Pencil, watercolour and gouache. c.1790. The garden side of the house built by Tristram Conyers c.1600 and belonging to Thomas Grosvenor (1764-1851) [Field Marshall from 1846] by the late eighteenth century. This watercolour was probably commissioned to record the house and garden after the works Grosvenor completed in 1789 and which including re-fronting the building in white Suffolk brick. The house was demolished c.1950 after a fire. 10x17 inches.

£2,750